Why have you focused your career on leadership and leadership development?
Roger now specializes in writing, speaking and executive coaching with select senior leaders and organizations.
Roger is co-author (with Stephen R. Covey and Rebecca R. Merrill) of the international best seller, First Things First. He is also the author of Connections: Quadrant II Time Management, co-author of The Nature of Leadership, and contributing author to Principle-Centered Leadership. Roger's book, Life Matters: Creating a Dynamic Balance of Work, Family, Time, and Money (co-authored with his wife, Rebecca), was recognized by Soundview Executive Summaries as one of the 30 best business books of 2004.
One of the key reasons for Roger's effectiveness as a coach and consultant is his broad range of international experience and his ability to work at the personal, interpersonal, managerial and organizational levels in a practical, holistic way.
As an executive coach, speaker, consultant, and trainer, Roger has:
- Worked with over 600 different organizations in more than 30 countries
- Addressed domestic and international audiences ranging from a few to more than 20,000
As a manager and line leader, he has served as:
- President of small food processing company (100 employees)
- Senior HR executive of a large multinational organization
- Co-founder of the Covey Leadership Center
- President of a large multinational not-for-profit educational organization
As a writer and thought leader, he has:
- Authored or co-authored four books which together have sold over 2.5 million copies and have been translated into more than a dozen languages